Member Service Representative (MSR) - Job Description
Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions for members in person, via phone, and through the mail, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashiers' checks, money orders, and cash advances. Balances each day's transactions and verifies cash and check totals. Performs a broad variety of member services functions such as opening and closing accounts, renewing certificates and assisting members' with bookkeeping and checking account problems. Answers members' questions regarding Credit Union services provided and performs a variety of account maintenance duties. Actively cross-sells Credit Union services. Performs specific assigned side-jobs including various clerical and receptionist functions, and assists other Member Service Representatives with duties as required. Balances and maintains ATM. Serves members promptly and professionally. At workstation and ready to work at scheduled time, makes adequate advance arrangements for time off and coordinates coverage for area.
High school diploma
Previous banking cash handling experience strongly preferred
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner. Represent
the credit union to members in a courteous and professional manner and provide prompt, efficient,
and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning
credit union products or policies.
- May respond to email or other electronic requests submitted by members, again providing
professional, prompt, efficient, and accurate service and information.
- Provide comprehensive, prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions.
- Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine share
drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and accurately enter deposits into computer records.
- Process withdrawals from accounts and/or share draft/check cashing, verify amounts, and enter
withdrawals into system accurately. Cash share drafts/checks from a variety of accounts upon
proper verification according to credit union policies and procedures. . Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Open new accounts and service existing accounts. Set up new account files, and provide members
with all necessary information for membership.
Assist members with the proper completion of payroll deduction and direct deposit cards.
- Respond to members' requests, problems, and complaints and/or directs them to the appropriate
person for specific information and assistance.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amount to computergenerated
proof sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the
supervisor as necessary. May help other MSR's research and resolve discrepancies. • Handle requests from members for transfers of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals,
check requests, CD transactions, line of credit advances, and any other requests received from members.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs that are obtained from
member interviews and/or review of member's account. Actively cross-sell products.
Provide information on investment alternatives to members wishing to deposit funds with
the credit union.
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan-payment discrepancies.
- Assist members in balancing their accounts.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and
services that are handled or promoted by MSR's. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations for the MSR area, including robbery procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of all State and Federal regulations that are applicable to the
transactions performed in the cashier/MSR area.
- Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc. • Other duties as assigned by management.
Interested candidates should send a resume to
KH Network Credit Union Attn: Operations Manager 7740 Paragon Road Dayton, OH 45459